Thursday, December 17, 2009

Beverage Service From Hell

I find it necessary to talk about the beverage service.
So here's the scene: The beverage cart is being pushed/pulled to the front of the cabin. I then hand out napkins and ask passengers if they would like a beverage. Once they make their selection, I pour their drink into a plastic cup and hand it to them. Now just say you're sitting a few rows back and I'm making my way towards you. Granted, you may not hear exactly what I'm asking the passengers sitting in front of you but wouldn't you have a general idea what was going on? Then why is it that when I'm handing a person a napkin they act dumb and say "Excuse me, what did you say"?
"I said would you like a beverage"?
"I'm sorry can you repeat that"?
What the hell do you think I'm asking you!!!! Just take the friggin napkin and tell me what you want already!!

This is another funny scenario. Last night there were two brothers somewhere in their 30's. They were sitting across from each other in the same aisle in the back. I went to the first brother and asked him what he would like for a drink. "Ah, what do you have"?
"Coke, Diet Coke, Apple, Orange, Cranapple, Tomato, Sprite, Diet Sprite Ginger Ale, Water, Coffee".

"I'll have a Sprite".

I then asked the next brother what he would like for a drink. "Hmmmmm, ahhhh, I don't know ahhhh, what do you have"?

"Coke, Diet Coke, Apple, Orange, Cranapple, Tomato, Sprite, Diet Sprite Ginger Ale, Water, Coffee".

"Excuse me what kind of juices did you say you have"?

"Apple, Orange, Cranapple and Tomato"

"I'll have a Sprite".

Are you kidding me? Not only did I go over all the BASIC drinks that you would ever find on an airplane TWICE, now because you took so long to decide, I  have forgotten the 3 other requests that were before you ... thanks a lot.

And one other thing I think is important to mention ... when I go around to collect trash, don't then decide to drink your beverage and expect me to stand next to you until you finish. And when I pass you by because you are obviously not ready, don't grab my arm or start yelling "Mam" at the top of your lungs. And if you see that my trash bag is full, don't insist on stuffing your cups in until everything overflows onto the floor. And last but not least, if I'm collecting trash and it becomes turbulent, don't throw away your five items of trash one at a time. I'm not risking my well being for you ... it's not worth it.

ugh, I'm glad I got that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment